PROCEDURAL GUIDE FOR LIQUOR LICENSE APPLICATION
- In addition to the Village website, the Liquor License Application and related forms can also be obtained from the Village Manager's Office. Call Doreen at 847/818-5300 for information.
- After filling out the application, which has been notarized, it is returned to the Village Manager's Office.
Please call Doreen at 847/818-5300 for an appointment to hand in your application.
Remember to have the following:
A. A check for $300.00 non-refundable application fee.
B. A check for the annual fee for the particular Classification requested.
- A meeting with the Village Manager will be scheduled to include the appropriate persons requesting the License. If everything is in order, the Village Manager will arrange to have the Liquor License request put on the next available Board of Trustees' Agenda for review. If the Application meets with the approval of the Mayor and Board of Trustees, an Ordinance will be prepared for first reading at the next Village Board meeting (Village Board meetings are scheduled on the first and third Tuesdays of each month) and final reading and passage of the Ordinance will take place at the next Board meeting. The applicant should plan to attend these meetings should any Village Board member have questions about the application.
- When the Ordinance is passed increasing the number of Licenses, the actual License is not presented to the Liquor Control Commission for signature until the business is ready to open its doors for business and an original copy of Dram Shop Insurance is submitted to the Village Manager's Office. No License will be issued until insurance requirements are met as well as proof of purchase of a Village of Mount Prospect Business License.
- After the Liquor License has been signed, the applicant will be notified to pick up the License from the Village Manager's Office.
(When applicable, before the Liquor License is issued, no business can sell liquor in any form unless a Business License has been acquired from the Finance Department. Before the Finance Department issues a Business License, a form is distributed to the Planning Division to assign proper Zoning and use and to the Building Division to assure that Permits have been received for any and all remodeling and that everything meets Code.)
Form (PDF) Links:
- Liquor License Application Form
- Liquor License Renewal Application Form
- Special Event Liquor License Permit