To learn more about these services, please call 847/870-5680.
• Case Management and Advocacy: Social Workers/Counselors advocate for residents needs and provide assistance to residents in coordinating services with other local and government agencies.
• Information and Referral: Residents are provided with information and referral to additional resources which may be available to assist them.
• Outreach Social Work: Social Workers or Counselor provide outreach services to residents in the community who might not otherwise be able to access services.
• Informational Handouts: Informational handouts and forms are available on a variety of subjects such as, but not limited to, living wills, Power of Attorney, etc.
• Program Enrollment Assistance: Social workers or counselors are available to assist residents with completing applications for many local, state and federal programs which they may be eligible to participate in.
• Notary Public: A staff member can offer Notary services to residents at no charge. This service is limited to the witnessing of signatures only. We are not authorized to serve as a witness to a document. Individuals must provide government issued identification that includes a photo and a signature. The Village does not notarize documents that convey a transfer of property.
• Public Education: Classes and seminars on a variety of topics are offered throughout the year.
• Crisis Intervention: Social workers/counselors respond to community crisis situations such as accidents, natural disasters and fires to provide crisis intervention. Follow up services are provided to residents when needed.