Each year since 2015, Village staff and Village Board work together to complete a Strategic Plan. Short and long-term goals are identified and help ensure the board, staff, and public are each working toward consistent and measurable goals.
2019-2021 Strategic Plan
The Village Board and staff recently attended workshops from January 27- 29, 2020 to iron out the details of the Village's next Strategic Plan. The 2019 - 2021 plan will carry over some of the 2019 plan elements, as well as a new set of top and high priorities for 2020.
Full documentation on the 2019 - 2021 plan will be available soon.
Policy Agenda 2020
- Randhurst Strategy: Plan and Actions
- Block 56 Redevelopment/Chase Bank Relocation
- Elk Grove Rural Fire Protection District: Village Actions
- 20 West Restaurant Development
- West Oakton Annexation: Direction and Village Actions
- Downtown Pedestrian Crossings: Projects
- Financial Reserve/Fund Balance Policy
- Prospect Place Renovation/Redevelopment
- South Mount Prospect Plan: Update and Adoption
- Busse Triangle: Phase 2
- Streetlight Plan: Report
- Redundant Water Supply: Direction
- Community Branding Plan: Plan and Actions
Management Agenda 2020
- Rand/Central/Mount Prospect Road Traffic Study - Phase II Engineering Design
- Metra/Union Pacific Railroad: Direction
- Levee 37: Projects
- Maple Street Lofts Project
- Census 2020: Complete Count
- Senior Housing Projects: Perlmark, ISL
- 105 Main Redevelopment: Action Plan
- Aspen Trails Park Stormwater Project: Design
- Community Sustainability Strategy: 2020 Action Plan
- Kohl's Center Revitalization Strategy
2019 Strategic Plan & NEW! Envisio Public Dashboard
The Village has recently launched a public dashboard which allows anyone to see the status of specific items within the Village's Strategic Plan. Staff input data for the 2019 plan year.
View how far the Village has come in achieving the goals of the plan by clicking the link below.
2019 Plan Documents
The Strategic Plan Implementation Guide In Brief gives a quick overview of the agenda, major projects for the year and the Management In Progress items.
The "Leaders Guide", is the complete Strategic Plan arranged in a reference format. View the 2019 Leaders Guide.
The Executive Summary is a condensed version of the Village's Strategic Plan and lists all of the Action Agenda items for the 2019 year.
A Vision for Mount Prospect | 15 Years into the Future
As included in the 2019 Strategic Plan: The Mount Prospect Vision for 2034 represents the best of suburban communities -- thriving, proud, diverse and connected -- having a rich heritage, strong values, timeless yet contemporary atmosphere.
Goals for Mount Prospect | 5 Years into the Future
Goals are categorized and ranked as the following, per the 2019 Strategic Plan:
Development | Balancing Preservation, Revitalization, Growth.
Business | Strong Local Economy, Support for Innovation, Entrepreneurialism and Small Business
Infrastructure | Well Designed, Well Maintained Public Spaces and Facilities.
Cultural Climate | Honoring History, Heritage and Diversity
Commercial Business District | Vibrant Downtown and Commercial Areas
Governance | Financially Sound, Providing Exceptional Service
Each of these goals above have Actions associated with them, are prioritized and then listed in the Action Agenda.
Action Agenda | Specific Items to Accomplish in the Next Year
The Action Agenda is prioritized by the Village Board into "Top" and "High" Priorities; the Village Manager also creates a "Management Agenda" to address near-term projects that may not be included in the Top and High Priority list.
View the Top and High Priorities for 2019.
All Village Departments and the Village Board contribute to a thorough list of action items for the following year. These items are discussed over several days of workshops, noting key milestones for each action item and associated accomplishment dates. These action items are ranked by the Village Board in a Special Workshop, which helps staff understand priorities and focus for the following year.
Departmental Successes | List of Accomplishments for the Previous Year
Also included in each year's Strategic Plan is a summary of the previous year's successes, categorized by department. View the 2017-2018 Success pages of the Strategic Plan.