Meeting Schedule: Meets the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Village Board Room of Village Hall (televised meeting).
2018 Planning & Zoning Calendar - Includes publishing deadlines and meeting dates
Purpose: To prepare a comprehensive plan for the present and future development of the Village. In addition, this Commission is responsible for the maintenance and improvement of the Zoning Code. It also holds public hearings on requests for Conditional Uses, Variations, and amendments to the Zoning Code and/or Zoning Map.
Staff Contact: Jason Shallcross , 847/818-5314 or email
Membership: One chair plus six regular members and one associate member.
|Member||Appointment Date||Term Expires|
|Joseph P. Donnelly, P.E. - Chair||12/2001||05/2020|
|William Beattie - Co-Chair||11/2008||11/2021|
|Lisa Griffin (Associate)||10/2017||05/2022|
Planning and Zoning Commission Applications:
- Zoning Request Application - For Conditional Uses, Variations, Zoning Map Amendments and other zoning code-related requests.
- Sign Request Application - For Variations, Special Uses and other sign code-related requests.
- Plat/Subdivision Request Application - For Subdivisions/Resubdivisions, Consolidations, Easements, Vacations, Annexations and other Plat-related requests.
Planning and Zoning Commission Process Information Sheet - Details on what to expect when submitting for zoning relief.
Planning and Zoning Commission Meeting Dates & Cases:
September 27, 2018
- PZ-17-18 / 50 S. Emerson St ./ Zoning Code Text Amendments - Small Cell Antennas, Brew Pubs and Craft Distilleries
September 13, 2018
August 23, 2018
June 28, 2018
May 24, 2018
April 26, 2018
- PZ-05-18 / 1200 Prairie Avenue / Final Plat of Subdivision, Zoning Map Amendment, and Variation to front yard setbacks
February 22, 2018
January 25, 2018
View complete Planning & Zoning Agenda Packets here. To view Planning & Zoning Commission meetings, go to MPDC Channel 17 - Government Access Channel for the Village of Mount Prospect.