Changes to Solid Waste Collection
Resumption of Bulk Item Collection Monday, April 20
The Village and solid waste service provider Republic Services will resume the collection of bulk items beginning Monday, April 20. Bulk item collection was temporarily discontinued on March 30 due to the ongoing COVID-19 concerns.
Effective Monday, April 20, 2020 bulk item collection will be reinstated. The following items will be collected.
Bulk items are collected weekly on your regular scheduled collection day. Collection is provided at no additional charge and there is no limit on the number of items that can be placed at the curb. The following is a list of approved bulk items:
- Lawn Care Equipment
- Microwave Ovens
- Mattresses/Box Springs
- Barbeque Grills
- Plumbing Fixtures (toilet bowl and tank need to be separated for collection)
- Carpet Rolls (no longer than 5 feet)
- Swing Sets (5 foot lengths)
This is not an exhaustive list of bulk items. If you do not see your item on the list please contact the Public Works department to see if it will be collected as a bulk item.
Large tree limbs must be placed in the wheeled cart. Materials that cannot be containerized must be prepared in the following manner:
- Bundles or individual logs will be collected at no cost on your regular scheduled collection day.
- Brush must be bundled
- Bundles or individual logs not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Bundles or individual logs not to exceed five (5) feet in length.
- One (1) cubic yard limit (approximately six (6) bundles equal one (1) cubic yard).
- Bundles must be secured with a biodegradable material (cloth or twine); no wire or plastic.
- Bundles and individual logs must be placed on the parkway next to your cart.
Construction debris must be placed in the wheeled cart. Materials that cannot be containerized must be prepared in the following manner:
- Debris placed in the cart must be prepared in a manner that allows the lid of the cart to close. (ex. boards placed in the cart must be cut to a size allowing the lid to close)
- Bundles are not to exceed five (5') feet in length nor 50 pounds in weight; one (1) cubic yard limit. (Approximately six (6) bundles equal one (1) cubic yard) Doors count as one bundle of construction debris.
All trash/refuse and recycling must be placed in a company designated cart, a can with handles, or bagged.
We appreciate your cooperation.
Please contact Public Works at 847-870-5640 or email.