2019 Proposed Budget Available
The Proposed 2019 Village Budget is now available for review. The public is welcome to review the proposed budget online or view a hard copy in Village Manager/Clerk's Office, 3rd Floor, Village Hall.
The 2019 budget document includes an overview of Village’s Strategic Plan and complete Community Investment Program.
Particular items to note:
- The Village Manager's Message provides a high level view of the overall budget picture.
- The property tax levy increase over the prior year is just 1.66%. There is no impact to levy from recent bond issues.
- There is NO change in the single-family residential refuse collection rate. Refuse rate held for third straight year.
"The Village was recognized by the Government Finance Officers Association, receiving their Distinguished Budget Award for the 2018 budget," stated Finance Director David Erb. "We believe 2019 budget is also worthy of recognition and we will be submitting it to GFOA for consideration for a subsequent award."
The Village Board and Finance Commission will be discussing and reviewing the Village's 2019 Budget at several public meetings. Upcoming meetings are scheduled as follows:
- October 9, 2018 – Joint Village Board/Finance Commission budget workshop. Discussion of the 2019-2023 Community Investment Program.
- October 18, 2018 – Finance Commission meeting. Departmental budget presentations before the Finance Commission on the 2019 operating budget.
- October 23, 2018 – Committee of the Whole. Departmental budget presentations before the Village Board on the 2019 operating budget.