Are you considering opening a business but are wondering where to start? Mount Prospect has the program for you. Welcome to the Mount Prospect Incubator Program! The Retail Incubator Program assists and mentors potential and existing business owners through a variety of resources. This program is designed to give start-up businesses the resources and tools needed to build a thriving, successful Mount Prospect business. The program is available to prospective and existing Mount Prospect businesses. The National Business Incubator Association reports that incubator graduates are 87% more likely to stay in business.
Participants will receive these benefits:
- BUSINESS SEMINARS—featuring topics such as: Accounting/Financial Management, Legal, Marketing, Merchandising and Inventory Management, Interior Design/Window Display, and Customer Service and Business Etiquette
- ONE-ON-ONE MENTORING PROGRAM AND BUSINESS COUNCIL
The Business Council, made up of successful existing business owners, will meet with new business
owners to provide constructive advice, “lessons learned,” and tips on how to establish your business
in the community. The Business Council is a place for new businesses to develop their ideas and learn
what it takes to succeed in Mount Prospect.
- LOCATION ASSISTANCE AND GRADUATED RENT SCHEDULE
- Available storefront inventory lists and customized demographics;
- Rent negotiations with staff, landlords and prospective business owners to achieve
By enrolling in the Incubator Program, you agree to the following items:
• Educational workshop attendance (minimum of 8 in 2012 – Entrepreneur Café counts as one!)
• Hire an accountant and lawyer
• Maintain business hours at a minimum of 55 hours per week
• Meet quarterly with the business council
• Join a local business association
With your commitment to the program, you are eligible for the Downtown Grant programs (for retail and restaurant uses) and you will have a support system for start-up businesses at your finger tips.
For more details on these programs, please contact Maura El Metennani, at 847-818-5308.