Reduce home utility and repair costs and improve energy efficiency with help from the Home Weatherization Grant Program. This program provides a matching 50% grant up to a maximum of $1,500.
Grants can be used to install:
- Wall, floor and attic insulation
- Storm windows and doors
- Energy efficient windows
- Energy-efficient furnaces and water heaters
- Insulation for water heaters and piping
- Insulated siding
- Home storm water improvements
- Other items that can save on the cost of home utilities
Home Weatherization Grants are available to Mount Prospect residents who meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must have owned and occupied the home for a minimum of one year prior to applying.
- The gross annual income of the household must not exceed HUD’s low-income limits according to household size. These limitations are outlined below.
2013 Income Limits
|# in Household
Please keep in mind this is not a reimbursement program. The Village assists with rehab specs and contractor selection. For more information about the Village’s Home Weatherization Grant Program, please contact Janet Saewert, Neighborhood Planner at (847) 818-5313 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download Application , Credit Release Authorization, Privacy Notice and Lead Pamphlet