PROCEDURAL GUIDE FOR LIQUOR LICENSE APPLICATION
- In addition to the Village website, the Liquor License Application and related forms can also be obtained from the Village Manager's Office. Call Doreen at 847/818-5300 for information.
- After filling out the application, which has been notarized, it is returned to the Village Manager's Office.
Please call Doreen at 847/818-5300 for an appointment to hand in your application.
Remember to have the following:
A. A check for $300.00 non-refundable application fee.
B. A check for the annual fee for the particular Classification requested.
- A meeting with the Village Manager will be scheduled to include the appropriate persons requesting the License. If everything is in order, the Village Manager will arrange to have the Liquor License request put on the next available Board of Trustees' Agenda for review. If the Application meets with the approval of the Mayor and Board of Trustees, an Ordinance will be prepared for first reading at the next Village Board meeting (Village Board meetings are scheduled on the first and third Tuesdays of each month) and final reading and passage of the Ordinance will take place at the next Board meeting. The applicant should plan to attend these meetings should any Village Board member have questions about the application.
- When the Ordinance is passed increasing the number of Licenses, the actual License is not presented to the Liquor Control Commission for signature until the business is ready to open its doors for business and an original copy of Dram Shop Insurance is submitted to the Village Manager's Office. No License will be issued until insurance requirements are met as well as proof of purchase of a Village of Mount Prospect Business License.
- After the Liquor License has been signed, the applicant will be notified to pick up the License from the Village Manager's Office.
(When applicable, before the Liquor License is issued, no business can sell liquor in any form unless a Business License has been acquired from the Finance Department. Before the Finance Department issues a Business License, a form is distributed to the Planning Division to assign proper Zoning and use and to the Building Division to assure that Permits have been received for any and all remodeling and that everything meets Code.)
Form (PDF) Links:
- Liquor License Application Form
- Liquor License Renewal Application Form
- Special Event Liquor License Permit
TO: ALL CURRENT LIQUOR LICENSE HOLDERS
It is time to renew your Mount Prospect annual liquor license. For your convenience, the Village is enclosing a liquor license renewal application for the license year 2017-2018. Completion of these documents and the payment of fees are necessary to facilitate renewal of your license. All applications must be electronically or neatly printed in black ink. For your convenience this application can now be opened as a fillable PDF. however; it must be delivered to the Village Hall with appropriate paperwork and fees. Your liquor license application cannot be processed until ALL requirements are fully met. Submit your completed application along with the necessary documentation to the Village Manager's office no later than 4/3/2017.
Include with your application the following:
• Per the State of Illinois Liquor Commission, you must submit accurate information regarding the complete corporate name of your business on your application;
• A copy of your current Dram Shop Insurance renewal;
• If you lease your premises, a copy of the lessor’s current Dram Shop or Host Liability Insurance (you can get this from your landlord or property agent);
• A completed copy of your current STATE OF ILLINOIS RETAIL LIQUOR LICENSE RENEWAL APPLICATION;
• Check payable to the Village of Mount Prospect for your license. Received checks will be converted into electronic debits and processed through the Automated Clearing House network;
• Please indicate any new managers hired since your last renewal. All managers must have updated Basset certificates, fingerprints and background checks on file with the Liquor Commissioner’s Office. The Village of Mount Prospect has outsourced its fingerprinting and background checks services and is registered with the following two agencies, Above Biometrics and Accurate Biometrics, to provide greater flexibility in obtaining required fingerprinting and background checks. Attached are forms with information if needed.
Late or incomplete submittals may result in your inability to sell alcohol after May 1, 2017.
If you have any questions, please call me at (847) 818-5300.
Administrative Assistant to the Liquor Commissioner