The Metra Commuter Rail Union Pacific Northwest Line runs through and has a station in Downtown Mount Prospect. The station is located on Northwest Highway between Emerson Street and Route 83/Elmhurst Rd.
The North Central Line serves the northeast side of town.
- RTA (Regional Transportation Authority)
- CTA (Chicago Transportation Authority)
- PACE Bus
- Real-Time Traffic Maps
- Illinois Department of Transportation
- No parking is allowed on Village streets from 2 a.m. - 6 a.m. For temporary permission to park overnight on Village streets, call the Police Department at 847/870-5656.
- If snow reaches a minimum of 2-inches, parking is not allowed on Village streets for at least 24 hours.
- Parking spaces are available in the Wille Street Lot (near the downtown Metra Train station by the intersection of Prospect Ave. and Wille St.) for Mount Prospect residents and business owners/employees only. Parking permits are assigned to a specific parking spot for one calendar year. The permits may be purchased in person during normal business hours or by mail. The completed applications must be mailed with a check (no cash or credit card) to the Finance Department (50 S. Emerson Street). Access the Wille Street Parking Application. For additional information, call the Finance Department at 847/392-6000.
- Commuter Parking (Easy Park Program)